Botox and Hit in Forehead. Is the Bump Permanent?

I had Botox injected into forehead & btwn eyebrows Dec. 3 and Jan. 1 was hit in forehead with a car door. Quite a heavy blow, immediately became very swollen. Applied ice. It hurt for about a week and went through some initial bruising, purple and yellowish and some of the swelling subsided. It's April 7 & still pretty big lump on my forehead & is discolored (reddish). I have been patient and worry this is permanent? The Botox itself is wearing off.

Botox and forehead accident

+1

Certainly your Botox injections have nothing to do with your lump.  If it is not improving, you should consult your doctor. 

I think your second question is whether you can still have Botox with the lump on your forehead.  If the lump is away from the site of your Botox injections, you can have your treatment.  If the lump is within the site of your treatment, you should consult with your injector to assess the movement of your muscles to see if the injections can be placed to avoid the lump.  

Toronto Dermatologist

Complication of trauma to forehead months after Botox

+1

The effect of Botox would not contribute to the longstanding nature of a bruise from trauma. You need to be evaluated for different causes of a purple bump after trauma such as a hematoma or blood vessel growth, contusion, etc. See your doctor for an appointment to determine if something needs to be done or if it can be watched. Sometimes scans are ordered to investigate the nature of such lesions.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

The Botox injection had no influence on the way the forehead responded to being hit with the car door.  You might need to be evaluated for possible treatments to help the bruising and swelling subside. 

Botox and bump on forehead

+1

Greetings~

Sorry to hear about your car accident and resulting bump and discoloration...the Botox however would not have any effect on the healing of the bump or causing the bump after the accident.  Have the bump checked to see what can be done to help it resolve but know it was not caused by the botox or made worse by it.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Car accident and Botox

+1

The accident sounds like it caused the bump. The botox should have nothing to do with this.   Good luck. 

Botox seems to have nothing to do with the car accident

+1

botox a month earlier with no adverse events seems to have nothing to do with a bump and bruising from a car accident.  The latter event caused bruising and swelling, it can take a while to resolve.  I would seek medical attention for the car accident situation from a good medical doctor. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Botox and Hit in Forehead.

+1

If you are asking if the Botox has something to do with your recovery from this injury, that would be unusual.  You should have this checked out if it isn't going away, but I don't know how or why the Botox would affect your recovery.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon