Botox Alternatives for Around the Eyes? (photo)

I asked this question before but I feel that I may not be adding enough information. I think the two pictures I've added here tell enough. I'm scared of restylane because of the lumps and blue tinted skin. Also under one eye is worse which makes it look like one eye is much smaller. I'd like to do something for this but not with such high risk of looking worse. I saw a picture of a woman who had similar issues but after botox she had new/ different wrinkles under her eyes... why was that?

Nonsurgical periorbital rejuvenation

+1

Based on your pictures I think improving the wrinkles around your eyes will best be accomplished with a combination of Botox for the crow's feet (wrinkles lateral to your eyes), and a filler (Restylane or Belotero) for your tear troughs (hollowing under your eyes).  This will give you a smoother transition from your lid to your cheek, while also opening up your eyes when you smile.  

Botox alternatives: fillers or other neuromodulators

+1

Botox is injected into hyperactive muscles causing them to relax for a few months. The muscles around the eye that cause "crow's feet" are often treated with Botox, and other brands such as Xeomin and Dysport would do the same thing. Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm do not work as well in that area because they don't address the cause. When there is asymmetry or issues involving the lower eyelid, you need to see a very experienced injector.

Richard Baxter, MD

Botox and Belotero to treat eye wrinkles

+1
I think a combination of Botox and Belotero would be ideal for the eye area - both for the crow's feets and the area under the eye as well.  This will prevent the squinting that leads to wrinkles.  We nicknamed it "Blackberry Botox" from squinting!

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox for crow's feet

+1

Botox or any neuromodulator can be helpful with relaxing the crow's feet which are made up of active orbicular is muscle.  Sometimes when treating this area patients recruit other muscles to "squinch" the eye.

Will Botox or Restylane help around eyes?

+1

Thanks for sending a photo, that helps a lot. I think that Botox/Dysport/Xeomin would help relax the creases at the lateral edges of eyes and should not cause new problems. Restylane usually does not cause blue tint when injected in tear troughs but can if injected superficially. Belotero might be better for you if this is your fear as there should be less chance of the blue coloration. Whatever you choose, if you don't lioke it it is not permanent

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox, restylane, fillers, prp, selphyl

+1

In the periorccular area, Prp and selphyl works well. it may take a few treatments but works well

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox around the eyes

+1

Based on where the Botox is injected around the eyes, it can effect areas close by and cause lax skin to hang or fat to protrude. Every face is different so your treatment will differ from another. Based on the photo's you've provided, you would likely be a great candidate for Botox to soften the lateral lines.

Sam Naficy, MD