Botox Alternative for Forehead Line?

I have a small forehead and deepset eyes. I have a very prominent and deep line on my forehead and would like to make it disappear. But I am concerned about Botox given my forehead is small and my eyes are already deepset.

I have gone for consultations and was told to do Botox and Restylane but again am hesitant. Would Restylane or Juvederm alone be useful? Your overall thoughts?

Botox for forehead lines

+1

Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport placed conservatively will most likely give you your best result and you can always add a hyaluronic acid filler like Belotero to the forehead line if you are still unhappy with the appearance of your forehead after 2 weeks.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lines and treatment other than Botox

+1

I would generally not encourage you to use fillers for the forehead lines.

Your options are limited.

Surgical procedures include the use of various forehead lifts to avoid or worsening the appearance of the eyes. This may help to give you an eye opening appearance.

Occasionally the forehead lines are in reaction to sagging skin of the upper eyelids or brow. In this case, treatment of the eyelids may result in softening of the forehead lines.

Seek the evaluatiuon of an opthalmologist to determine if the latter situation is your condition.

Restylane vs Botox

+1

Yes, it is likely that Restylane alone would offer improvement but you would probably get a much better result with both Botox and Restylane. Make sure your plastic surgeon is well experienced with these injectables and you'll have no need to worry.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD