Botox After Browlift?

The browlift I had a couple of months ago did not raise the outer corners of my eyebrow. I am guessing I would have seen this effect by now. How long should I wait before I can get botox to my eyebrows to do this. My forehead has no lines on it so I wouldnt need botox there. How many units would you suggest?

Botox after brow lift

+2

Your final result may not be evident for 3-6 months following the procedure. Around the 3 month point, it would be ok to have Botox to raise the lateral eyebrows. Would need to see you in person to determine how many units you may benefit from. You may also use fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane at the superior area of the brow if necessary. Thank you, and I hope this helps!

Botox After Browlift

+2

You can proceed with Botox injections at any time. Without being able to see you in person, it's hard to say just how many units you might need. It's important to remember that Botox is a temporary fix.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox After Browlift

+2

You are right.  After a few months, the swelling from your brow lift procedure has probably already dissipated and you would not get any further lifting at this point. It certainly is reasonable to have Botox injected into the lateral brow region to get a little more of a lift.  I would start off very conservatively in terms of the number of units.  You can always add more after seeing the results, which take about two weeks.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Botox After Browlift

+2

I agree with the previous comments; if you have not seen any lift in the lateral brow and it has already been a few months, you aren't likely to see any more improvement from the lift. Botox is a great option to give you a little more lift to that part of the brow and complete the whole picture of rejuvenation. Most doctors would start out with a conservative amount and build from there so they can get the perfect adjustment.

However, I would need to see a patient in person to give a more accurate number. That is why at my practice we do Botox by the area not by the unit. The reason being, that no matter how much a person may need, we want to make sure they can get it done.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox can sometimes raise the brow but not always. Surgery is a more predictable but invasive treatment

+2

Botox to raise the brow works by relaxing the muscles that pull the tail of the brow down (depressors). Some people don't have strong "depressors" so won't get much of a lift. Plus the  results aren't always reproducible. If it does work you should see results in a week.

Surgery to raise the brow can be by endoscopic browlift or sub-cutaneous (skin) brow lift. The choice depends on your anatomy and what you want to look like after.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Botox After Brow Lift

+2

Three months after a brow lift is generally an acceptable time to use Botox or Dysport for an additional lift of the outer brow. After three months the swelling from the surgery should have subsided and the position of the brow does not change dramatically from this point on without additional intervention. In order to achieve a temporary additional lift of the outer brow, a small amount of Botox or Dysport may be injected into the upper/outer portion of the circular muscle around the eye (orbicularis oculi). Depending on your desired results, you may require additional surgery as a more permanent solution.

As always if you are unsatisfied with your results it is best to first discuss your outcome with your surgeon.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Botox After Browlift?

+2

It is unlikely that your brows will elevate any further three months after browlift surgery. Botox could definitely be used at this time to further shape your brows. Depending upon the areas injected anywhere from 15-25 units (total, both sides) would be required.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrow lift

+2

If it has been 2-3 months since your surgery, you are likely seeing your final result.  It should not be a problem to do Botox around your crow's feet to get a lift of your lateral brow.  It is always best to check first with your surgeon. It is recommended to use 10U per side in the crow's feet area.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after brow lift

+2

You could certainly fine tune your brow position at this time with Botox...treating the upper lateral orbicularis oculi muscle (crows feet) would raise the lateral brow.  Probably just 10 units to start.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Botox after brow lift

+1

you should definitely ask your surgeon. You've trusted him or her with your face and as they have performed an elective cosmetic procedure on you, you should first ask them their opinion as to when and how many units of Botox to use at the lateral eyebrow to lift the areas.

Ronald Shelton, MD