Botox Reinjection Above the Brows?

My first Botox injection showed results in 24 hours. I had 20 units injected by a different doctor 4 months later, and I told him exactly were my previous doctor injected. He injected some of the units right at the bridge of my nose, and a few others directly on the frown line instead of above my brows, where my muscles are extremely strong. It has been 3 days and I'm able to freely move the muscle. I am experiencing no relaxation of the muscle at all. Should I have re-injections above my brows?

Give it another few days

+2

There is a fair amount of variation in the time it takes for Botox to kick in, so you may still see it in the next couple of days even though the effect was quick the first time. If nothing after a week then consider seeing your doctor for possible re-injection.

Wait two weeks before assessing results

+1
It can take up to 2 weeks for results to appear. If by two weeks you still aren't satisfied with your results, please return to your injector. Perhaps not enough was administered.  

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Botox...After the Initial Treatment, When is it Best to Have More if Needed?

+1

Hi Mazee,

Wait 10 to 14 days to give the Botox a chance to completely take effect.  At that point you may consider additional treatment if necessary.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Wait a week after the Botox injection

+1

There are several options. One is that it just hasn't kicked in yet, so wait a week after the injection. If still no result go back to your Doctor and let them know your concerns. It will not hurt to inject more if the original injection is not working.

As to why the injection did not work, it is hard to say. It could be injection technique or placement or the product could be ineffective. Either way if I were your doctor I would want to know that it didn't work.

Good luck,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon