Had Botox 10 Days Ago. Still No Paralysis. Did Something Go Wrong? Does It Just Take Longer?

I had botox 10 days ago. I can still use my forehead muscles same as before. It's as if I had nothing done. The Dr. told me it would take 5 to 7 days to take full effect but it's been 10 and with no effect. What is wrong? Is it the Dr.'s fault? Should I be complaining to him?

10 days after Botox treatment and no result

+2

It can take one week for the effects of Botox to be noticeable, but after 10 days your result should be evident. You may need an increased dosage for that area, and I would recommend returning to your physician for an assessment. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Botox for the forehead

+2

Botox is a great treatment for forehead wrinkles. I would follow up with your injector so they can access you. Your injector should always take before photos before injecting so you have something to compare your results with.

Botox and forehead wrinkles

+2

Based on the photo you've provided, your hair covers up your forehead where you state you've had treatment. I would follow up with your provider for better assessment and to determine if you just need more product.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox for your forehead

+2

It is better to treat foreheads conservatively with Botox, especially if it is your first treatment, rather than to over treat.  Please return to your doctor for assessment.  You probably require more Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox

+2

Sorry to hear that it did not work. Botox would have a noticeable effect at 10 days out so I would recommend returning to your doctor and letting them know about it. It may be that not enough units of botox were used and am sure your doctor would want to know about it as I would. Let them know and resolve the problem. Good luck!

Khurram Rashid, MD
Peoria Plastic Surgeon

No effects noted after treatment with Botox

+2

Typically by 10 days some effect should be noticeable, so it's likely the dosage was insufficient to treat the desired area.  Most physicians will certainly want you to follow up and let them know if the treatment was not to your satisfaction, and I'm sure your doctor is no different.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Time for botox to take effect

+2

Ten days is enough time for botox to kick in, so waiting will not improve your results.

I would certainly visit your injector for a follow up visit. You may need a more units of botox if your muscles are strong or if your forehead creases are deep. I would not blame the injector before discussing the results.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Problems with Botox injections not working as expected

+2

After 10 to 14 days the full effect of Botox should be noticeable.  There are several reasons why you did not see a result.  It could be a technical problem or it could be that you were not injected with enough units of Botox to do the job.  It would be important for you to be re-evaluated and determine if you need a dose adjustment.;  

Btox, botox complication

+2

Botox generally takes 3 to 5 days to get results. I have never seen a delay of 10 days. Yes I would see the doctor and get a redo. 

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

No the Botox effects should peak at 5-7 days so you have the results by now.  It might take a higher dose of Botox to get the desired results.