What Are My Options For Calf Reduction? Costs?

Both my Legs Have Big Calves, How Much is the Calves Reduction Payment?

Calf Reduction

Thank you for your question. Prices will vary depending on the srugeon, where you live or are having the procedure, and the size of your eduction. I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Calf reduction

Thank you for your calf reduction question.
  • The safest and best treatment is liposuction of the calves.
  • It works well if done conservatively (too aggressive leaves the skin loose)
  • You need to wear a snug compression knee-high stocking for at least 2 months afterwards for swelling and skin adhesion,
  • If the problem is muscle not fat, calf reduction can also be done by partially removing the muscle or partially severing the nerve to the muscle - but risks here are much greater than liposuction. Best wishes.

Toronto Calf reduction with liposuction can be quite gratifying!

Thank you for your question.  In many cases of thicker lower legs, there is excessive adipose (fatty) tissue that can be carefully liposuctioned.  Make sure you visit a board-certified plastic surgeon.  In other parts of the world (like Korea), muscle excision and/or cutting off nerve branches to the calf muscles are done.  I don't have experience with those procedures but I would reserve those for extreme cases only, and with the right professionals.  I've had great results with liposuction alone in cases where there was a true excessive fatty layer.  Cost would be between 5200 and 6500$ (all included except taxes).  Best of luck,  Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Board-Certified.

Marc DuPere, MD

Calf Reduction Options

The most common and effective procedure for calf reduction is partial neurotomy - essentially clipping part of the nerve branches to the calf muscle causing it to atrophy (shrink some) over the ensuing 6-12 months.  Like any procedure it is highly recommended to seek consultation only from a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this type of procedure.  Hope this helps...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD