What can be done to make both breasts even following a capsuleoctomy? (Photo)

I had a capsuleoctomy and breast implant exchange in my left breast 5 weeks ago as i had capsular contracture. Beforehand both breasts were level but the capsuled one was hard and ball like... now ive had my capsuleoctomy (my left breast, your right), my breast hangs lower and i look lopsided. Surgeon said all she can do is remove skin underneath but its not guranteed to make much difference :( What are my options? I feel like the implant is slightly too low in the pocket compared to the right?

Revision needed

Removing skin from under the breast will not do anything to help your problem, which is that the left implant has dropped too far after the capsulectomy. What you need is a tightening procedure of the new inner capsule that would lift the implant back up. This can be done with sutures alone or with a piece of silk mesh called SERI. It is usually very successful. 

Strattice with capsulectomy for implant support

With a capsulectomy, the supporting envelope - the scar capsule - is removed, so there is the potential for the implant to sag. Strattice can replace the support, add coverage for less rippling, and is also very effective in my experience at preventing recurrence of capsular contracture. If there are no signs of the contracture coming back, another option would be SERI Scaffold mesh for an internal bra.

Richard Baxter, MD