Why did both breast implants moved up to my collar bone area a year apart? (photo)

I had the first fixed by the original surgeon who told me there is only an 8% chance of it ever happening and now a year later the second breast has done the same. What are the odds of this and should I seek a new physician to correct this one?

Why did both breast implants moved up to my collar bone area a year apart?

+1
A front view photo would be more helpful, but from your description it sounds as if you are experiencing a capsular contracture.  If you felt comfortable with your original surgeon and he successfully corrected your other breast, there is no reason not to go with him again, after an in-office consultation.  If you feel like you have lost confidence in him, then go interview other board certified plastic surgeons.  I agree with several other surgeons, that the use of an acellular dermal matrix such as Alloderm may be helpful in preventing another contracture in the future.  Ask your surgeon if he is experienced in using this product.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants moving up toward your collarbone warrtant a return visit to your surgeon.

+1

Greetings,

Although your photo is not very helpful (a frontal view would be more helpful), you describe the occurrence of a unilateral capsular contracture.  One surgical release was performed by your original surgeon a year ago on the opposite breast.

Since you seem to have done well in the hands of your plastic surgeon for your first release, you should return to be evaluated for the care of the new problem in the other breast.

Contractures do occur with this surgery.  The rates of contracture vary with implant type, placement location, and are not predictable from patient to patient. 

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

+1

CAN NOT tell on the posted photo view!!! Either repost frontal views or seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions ..////

Breast Abnormality after Implants

+1
Thanks for the picture.  A straight on picture would be better.
If your original fixed the other breast which now looks fine I would allow him/her to take care of the other breast.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Capsular contracture

+1
The one photo is not helpful but from your description it sounds like you have capsular contracture.  Unfortunately this can recur no matter what is done though I agree with Dr Pousti that a protein matrix does appear to lower the incidence of recurrence

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1

Difficult to make a diagnosis and/or give you good advice based on the single photograph. Based on your description, you may be dealing with breast implant encapsulation. If this is the case, you may benefit from the revisionary breast surgery and the use of acellular dermal matrix, which has been shown to help decrease the odds of recurrence of thickened breast implant capsule formation.  This operation is especially helpful for patients who had recurrence of the breast implant encapsulation process.

Best to be seen in person by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Happy New Year!