Should I Get Both Breast Done After One Rupture?

I have had my implants for almost 6 years and just recently had a rupture, im having a hard time deciding if i should replace both or just the ruptured one. The one that is not ruptured is still looking good just slight rippling only to the touch (pretty normal right?) I just don't want to have to have surgery again in another few years on the other one, i know there are no guarantees with ruptures though, any advice?

Replace both implants when one ruptures?

+2

It is not a bad idea to have the other implant replaced when you go in to correct the ruptured implant, but ultimately the decision is yours.  It would give you the opportunity to select different sizes or styles if you so choose.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Implant rupture

+2

If your implants have been in for a while( now 6 years), and one has ruptures, often I will replace both. Invariably, patients want different size implants when I go back in.