Botched Gynecomastia Surgery. How Can my Chest Be Revised and Look Better So I Can Compete in Bodybuilding Competitions?

I went to a cancer doctor to get my gyno (mostly glandular tissue) removed and he scar'd me up bad. I only had the surgery on one side. Also the contour of my chest isn't right when I flex and stuff. I still have some gyno on my right side.

+1
Surgery can have variable outcomes even when performed perfectly.  From the one photo posted, you may need minor touch up liposuction.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery- A good job

+1

What i see in the picture is not a bad job.  I should show you some.  Your incision fans outward sightly and this was possible to ge better exposure. It never looks perfect especially trying to match the opposite side. It is better to leave alittle than to excise to much tissue. Your incision will continue to improve. Try and be patient.  If you need a revision go to a pastic surgeon.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

You do have options for improvement but let the scars heal!

+1

At this point in time the best option is to allow the scars to mature both inside and out. The scars will likely fade, the indentations with muscle contraction will decrease and the urgency you feel to do something more may subside. For lasting visible scars or indentations, most Plastic Surgeons will be able to improve your contours using a variety of techniques when the time is right.

The scar used for your surgery is not commonly used by Plastic Surgeons but certainly meets a basic standard of care. Your description of your surgery being "botched" is pretty harsh and shows that you have little tolerance or understanding for what can happen with surgery. Next time, take your responsibility seriously to become educated about the details of your surgery before you have anything done. The placement of the scar, the risks associated with the procedure and the range of outcomes you might expect should all be discussed before surgery. You should also be reminded that just because you had surgery, you are still at risk of this problem recurring in the future. This is particularly the case if you use any substances that are known to stimulate the breast.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Beverly Hills Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

The incision you incurred for your gynecomastia surgery falls within standard practice in the general surgery community. The redness of the scar is in all likelihood attributed to the age of the scar. With time, it will lighten. Make sure to keep sunblock on it if you expose yourself to the sun regularly.   A scar revision is possible, but, for best results, I would give it a year before you considering such a procedure. Regarding the contour of your chest, anytime a mass (gynecomastia) lies underneath the skin/soft-tissue, it acts as a tissue expander, thus expanding the overlying skin. When that mass is removed, as it was in your case, the overlying skin isn't always going to be able to retract to its pre-gynecomastia form. Thus, in cases where there are "deformations" following the excision of the gynecomastia, this can be corrected by fat transfer to the underlying area.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecilos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Correction of gynecomastia repair (male breast reduction) revision

+1

This is a standard subcutaneous mastectomy incision used by onclologic surgeons. IT can be removed but the repair will nake your areola slightly larger. In regards to the irregualrities, the correction depends oin whethert they are residual gland or fat. In the former, you will require a revision with open surgical correction. In the latter you could potentially be treated with liposuction and/or lipoinjection

Gynecomastia Surgery (male breast reduction)

+1

I would seek a consultation with a couple of board certified plastic surgeons to give you opinions.  Gynecomastia is traditionally treated by liposuction which uses 1 or 2 small incisions.  Sometimes it requires removal of gland but again this can be done through the same incisions using ultrasonic liposuction or a very small incision at the edge of areola.  Concerning you incision, I would let time heal and fade your scar before considering scar revision if needed.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Gynecomstia

+1

You will need a full examination and comparison to the opposite side for symmetry.

As for the scar, Discuss with your BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON