What Can I Do About a Botched (Uneven, Bad Shape) Breast Reduction?

I had naturally large breasts and had a reduction of 550 cc's from each breast and now they are mishapen and uneven, and worse yet is I have to side flaps! My doc refuses to fix them because I had a corpectomey and level 1 plate put in my c-spine several years ago after breaking C-7. He said implants would break the plate (I just wanted small shaper implants - like 100 ccs put in). My neurosurgeon said that there are no reported cases of that occurring. Do I have any options?

You need a second opinion

+1

Obviously, you need to see another board certified plastic surgeon to assess your problem and advise you. It is impossible to tell you exactly what you need without seeing you.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what can be done for you. It does sound like you have "dog ears" or protrusions from the side which often can be treated by just simple excision. This sometimes requires liposuction as well.

Revision of breast reduction

+1
If you are speaking of dogears under your arms, these can be revised without interfering with your spinal plates. Implants will not improve the distinction in shape between the breasts and may increase the disparity.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Options for Revisionary Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Since it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full discussion of your goals, it may be in your best interesst to seek additional in-person consultations with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.