Botched Breast Augmentation and Lift; is Corrective Surgery Possible? (photo)

HELP!! Received botched breast lift/aug. I requested my records and saw that the Doc placed implants subglandular ( without my consent) rather than subpectoral as we agreed during my consult. He also put the implants (68HP, 290cc/300cc saline) in backwards (valves facing muscle). Also my nipples were 9cm from inframammary line and 21cm from my collarbone, during my consultation the doctor used a donut lift, my nipples are still 21cm and growing. What are my options for corrective surgery?

Your results should be better

+1

There are a number of problems with your breasts and a number of things which will need to be done to correct them.  You have ptosis, and you did prior to your surgery too.  A donut lift was not an adequate lifting procedure for you.  You will need a full Wise pattern ("anchor") mastopexy, transfer of your implants to a submuscular position, and placement of an ADM (acellular dermal matrix) graft for both support as well as coverage of your implant.  You should also have your implants changed to silicone gel; it will ripple much less.  Lastly, you may require some fat transfer to further camouflage the contour of the implants.  Good luck.

Revision Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1
Based on your photos you require a very specific corrective surgery to achieve a pleasing esthetic result. In my opinion you would benefit from a full mastopexy with replacement of your implants into sub muscular position. It appears that at this time you also have significant thinning of your skin and lack of soft tissue coverage. I would also recommend use of ADM (acellular dermal matrix), such as Strattice or Alloderm. In my experience, when properly planned and executed, your type of presentation can be successfully treated.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nightmare results

+1

if it was not fully discussed with you about what just a lift would do.  I always hope you can get your original surgeon to work with you to correct a bad result but unfortunately, some surgeons believe they can do no wrong.  I hope your surgeon is not like that and can work with you to improve your results to what you desire.  If your surgeon dismisses you, get a second opinion.  As many have said, you need a lift and even possibly elevation of your implants as your breasts are 'low' on your chest.  Best wishes!

PS: I do believe you can achieve your results without any additional products that only increase your costs and add additional risks to your procedure

Curtis Wong, MD

Botched Breast Augmentation and Lift; is Corrective Surgery Possible?

+1

There are a few issues here. If I extrapolate the frontal photo so the sternal notch to N/A complex measurement  IS NOT 21 cm, but more in the 25 cm range. Than the donut lift was a poor option. I would have recommended the full lift, especially with a 9 cm N/A to infra fold (again hard to believe this distance). Plus the sub glandular placement vs sub pectoral placement issue. ONLY revisional surgery with a sub pectoral replacement to slightly larger implant like 350cc and a full lifting would help correct this. Did you sign pre operative consent? Did these consent specify the implant placement? Many questions need answers. 

Implant revision

+1

You have a lot of issues that need to be corrected. Placing the implants udner may be better, and possibly adding strattice in the lower pole. A lift also needs to be done most likely. Best to be seen in person.

Options?

+1

Hello and thanks for posting your questions and photos. You have a typical result from above muscle saline augmentation and areola lift. Therefore, I would not call it a botched surgery. These adverse events are well known and part of the informed consent that patients understand before surgery. You should consult with your surgeon or another local surgeon and discuss your options. Perhaps you should consider silicone breast implants, switching the pocket to below the muscle and a significant skin tightening via an anchor pattern breast lift. These options have their own set of adverse outcomes so consider your options carefully. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Augmentation/Lift Revision

+1

I am so sorry you are unhappy with your results - but rest assured, these things can be fixed!  I agree that your problems result from subglandular implants, the look of saline implants, and a donut lift without permanent suture - so here is what I would do to make this better: I would change your implants to silicone and under the muscle, I would recommend a different lift (like a full mastopexy, which would have more scars but your nipple would be a better size and your breast would be a nice, round, perky shape!)  You can definitely love your breasts again - but it will take another surgery and recovery time.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

Improvement of your result will be made possible with change to submuscular plane, switch to silicone implants, more skin removal with a vertical or full breast lift and reduction of areola size, and possible placement of dermal matrices to reduce rippling and provide support to the thin breast tissues.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentation revisions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Dear wmroatan,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to have very narrow implants placed quite laterally, and your skin is streching quite a bit with the weight of the implants.  This is likely to continue to progress unless corrected.  I would suggest textured silicone implants under the muscle to get proper placement of the implants.  The implants need to be the correct base diameter to go from the cleavage area to the outside edge of the breast.  Choose a MP+ implant rather than HP, and I highly recommend against saline implants.  They will move over time to the lower outside position and not have a good longterm outcome in you, based on your tissue stretch already. Also, I recommend textured implants as the body grows into the texture and helps keep the implants in place long term.  A lot of surgeons are not comfortable using textured implants, but I recommend choosing one that uses them commonly.  Finally, I agree that you need a vertical (lollipop) lift.  There is to much skin envelope to remove with just a donut lift.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sorry to hear this story. 

Recommendations:

• Move implants to submuscular position
  • Vertical breast lift to get more lift and to control the areolar size.
  • Think about switch to silicone. 

The nipple and areolas are properly centered on the implants, though the breasts are quite low on your chest. 

All the best.