Can Body Symmetry Be Achieved with Surgery?

Is it normal for one side of your body to be bigger than the other? i.e- I have a nice shape, but I believe that one side of my buttocks is bigger than the other, one side of my stomach is bigger than the other and one breast is SLIGHTLY bigger than the other...maybe I'm too obsessive about my body, but is this normal? And if it is, how can it be corrected?

Body Asymmetry

+1

If you study the body and people long enough you will see asymmetries ranging from subtle to obvious. Asymmetries are the rule rather than the exception. Depending on the site of the asymmetry, the degree of asymmetry and the goals and expectations of the patient, a plastic surgeon can tell you what might be best for your particular circumstances and it can range from simple fillers in the face, to implants, fat injections, and even surgery. For the body and breasts it is the same - breast implants, lifts or a combination; liposuction, liposculpture, fat transfers, etc. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for your body work and a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon for the face. Be sure to discuss your goals and that the plastic surgeon listens and then examines you and gives you alternative recommendations. Ask about potential risks and complications and what he/she will do if they do arise.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry is normal and symmetry is rarely found.

+1

Yes, this is absolutely normal. Typically, in plastic surgery, we seek to achieve symmetry but more commonly we really strive to diminish the degree of asymmetry. This is very true for the face or the breast.