Boston Modified Robertson Technique. What is it and How Does it Compare?

What is this seemingly rarely-discussed technique and what are the pros and cons for different candidates?

Boston Modified Robertson Technique vs Ultimate Breast Lift technique

+1

Dear Anon,

Thank you for your question. You are certainly doing your homework! Good for you. I love the fact that patients are coming in well informed, educated and prepared to discuss intelligently what is best for THEM!

The BMR technique is limited to lifting breasts with minimal sagging only and does not accomplish an esthetically pleasing shape in my opinion. It does not reshape the breast internally and depends solely on the skin envelope to support the breast.

The UBL on the otherhand, reshapes the breast into a cone using a dermal 'bra' which is then suspended permanently by attaching the breast on to your chest muscles. This provides for a long term lift. The UBL technique is like no other in that it is not limited by breast size or degree of ptosis. It has been designed to completely eliminate the vertical scar and can be customized to each patient's individual needs. It is not a 'cookie cutter' procedure like the others.

" A certain high level of technical skill is achieved, science and art tend to coalesce in esthetics, plasticity, and form"

Albert Einstein

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Boston Modified Robertson Technique

+1
This is a breast reduction procedure that eliminates the vertical scar. I have reluctantly performed this procedure on a few occasions as some patients do not like to have a scar. The overall shape of the breast is not as aesthetic in my opinion scarified by the lack of horizontal reshaping. Few patients are true candidates for this procedure which is certainly an option.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS