What Type of Treatment Needs to Be Done on my Neck to Get These Results? (photo)

Please let me know what treatment/sergery can be done to make my neck like on second image?

Neck Lift or Chin Liposuction

+2

A full neck and lower face lift with supraplatysmal and subplatysmal (if necessary) fat removal along with SMAS and platysmal plication will produce the best result. Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who has performed hundreds of face and neck lifts.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Neck Lift alone may not meet our expectations.

+2

Nice job morphing the images.  If only you could just do that and have the results you want. Without examining you completely, I cannot say for sure; but I do not think a neck lift alone with liposuction or other means of fat removal  will give you the results you want.  To get the sculpted jaw line that you gave yourself, you need a full neck lift and a cheek lift.  The two procedures together are called a full lower facelift.  The amount of tightening you get is also related to your age and your weight.  If your weight is stable, you can do the procedure now.  If you think you are going to lose some weight, the time to do that is before your procedure.  The skin will drape better with some weight loss first.  You will have a better result.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for neck

+2

Hello and thanks for the questions and photos.  Without examining you, a complete recommendation cannot be given, as the neck structures (skin, subcutaneous tissue, muscles) all need to be evaluated to render a recommendation.  Some of the options include a neck lift (plastysmaplasty) and liposuction, or a combination of both. Smart Lipo is also an option, as the skin can be tightened at the same time the fat layer is thinned out.  Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get a better understanding of what can be done to achieve your desires.  Best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD, Plastic Surgery, Houston.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

A Suture Suspension Necklift Would Do the Trick!

+1
Thank you very much for your question!  You are an excellent candidate for a suture suspension necklift.   You neck contour is caused by a variation in muscle insertion in the bones of the neck.  Correction of this problem is very efficiently and effectively performed with a suture suspension necklift!  Neck liposuction is part of the procedure.  Please refer to the link below for additional information.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for neck

+1

The most likely procedure would be a neck lift with fat removal and tightening of the underlying muscles.  You might also get by with liposuction but the only way to determine that would be to see a plastic surgeon and have them examine you. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Neck treatment

+1

There are extensive fatty deposits in the neck located above and below the platysma muscle. These are known as submental and subplatysmal fat. Once the fat has been removed and the platysma  tightened, they will be excess skin present. A comprehensive lower face neck lift will need to be performed to address this neck. Please see our face lift photo gallery for further examples similar to your own.

What Type of Treatment Needs to Be Done on my Neck to Get These Results?

+1

First weight loss of 20 to 40 pounds would help. Than either neck lift surgery or sub mental liposuction with excision. 

Procedure to dramatically change the neck.

+1

I agree with my friend, Dr. Eppley. To obtain these results will require a complete face and neck lift. Liposuction alone will not tighten the skin enough, even Smart Lipo. A neck lift alone will not correct the jawline and cheeks as depicted in this picture. Anything short of the face/neck lift will likely not meet your goals.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Neck improvement

+1

Without using fancy names, gimicky tools  and processes, a facelift( the operation that tightens the skin of the cheeks, jawline and neck at 2 or 3 levels) combined with neck liposuction or open trimming of fatty tissues will give a nice result at any age. If you are under 40 , liposuction alone might give a nice result. And if it doesn't, a lift can be done later.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full Lower Facelift (Necklift) Needed for Dramatic Neck Recontouring

+1

The result you are demonstrating will only be achieveable with a full lower facelift. (necklift) Those changes require aggressive treatment of neck fat, neck muscle tighening and skin redraping up and back around the ears.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD