Is it possible to get your stomach muscles tightened with routine lipo and no Tt?

I am getting a Brazilian butt lift, I do not want a tummy tuck. I would like my stomach muscles tightened, what or how do I add this on, or is it not possible?

Lipo and muscle tightening

+2

Liposuction will not create muscle tightening, but a tummy tuck with muscle plication can create muscle tightening.

Liposuction does not tighten abdominal muscles

+1

Unfortunately, liposuction does not tighten the underlying muscles. It removes fat deposits only and will not tighten skin or muscles. In theory, you could have abdominal muscle tightening (rectus plication) without removing skin, but you would end up with a horizontal scar low on your abdomen (pretty much like a tummy tuck scar).

Andrew Jimerson, MD

+1

Liposuction will treat the fatty deposits and improve contours but will not help with the muscles. The muscles can be repaired through larger incisions.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the abdomen you will have small incisions in the lower abdomen and the belly button. If the abdominal muscles are separated and need to be tightened, it can be done through small incisions. However your skin needs to be very good and no excess.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Liposuction alone cannot tighten abdominal muscles

+1

Hi. Liposuction can be an effective method to remove excess abdominal fat. But tightening of the abdominal muscles, typically required after pregnancy, can only be achieved with a tummy tuck. Your plastic surgeon will be able to assess the amount of stretch or separation of your abdominal muscles (diastasis) and give you an idea of the additional improvement a muscle repair will provide. If your muscle tone is good, with minimal diastasis, then muscle tightening would not be of much benefit to you. Good luck.

Peter Bray, MD

+1

Thank you for your question, for the muscles to be tighten the must be a larger incision that the ones made for liposuction, that is why this is done when doing the tummy tuck, if your Plastic Surgeon suggested a tummy tuck because you have a lot of loose skin or your muscles need to be tighten I would advice to consider that procedure, since liposuction will get rid of the fat but unfortunately if your muscles need to be tighten you wont be left with a completely flat abdomen, and you wont have the results you are looking for. Many patients don't like the tummy tuck because of the long incision, however browse trough several before and after pictures of your selected Doctors, most of them do a very low very thin scar, which is easily gone within the next couple of years with scar creams.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon