How do I treat dermal hyperpigmentation in brown skin?

I have brown skin and my dermatologist confirmed I have dermal hyperpigmentation. I used a whole tube of triluma. Treatments are costly what are some of things I can do that will alleviate the hyperpigmentation?

Hyperpigmentation Treatment

+2
There are few treatments which will clear this completely.  Typically creams and peels are rarely effective, but necessary in preventing any reactive pigmentation.  Of course sunscreen is paramount.  Dermal pigmentation needs laser treatments, and fractional non-ablative or radiofrequency are safe in darker skin types.  You just need to see a dermatologist with experience in laser treatments and the treatment of dark skin types.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.