Is the lollipop procedure right for me? (photo)

I'm 49 a 32DDD and my PS will be performing the lollipop procedure on me. I hope to get to a 32B-C. Will this procedure help remove the excess skin at the top of my breasts and result in a nice round perky breast for me?

Is the lollipop procedure right for me?

+1

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

"lollipo" (short scar vertical) reduction probably not the best choice

+1

In looking at your picture, that type of short scar breast reduction seems unlikely to perform well. That technique works best on smaller breast cases where there is not a whole lot of loose skin. Trying to make it work on long, deflated breasts just doesn't produce very good shape.

A "Wise" pattern (anchor shaped) or the no vertical scar (as was suggested by Dr. Horndeski upthread) are the two ways I would think you could do this. Of the two, I find the no-vertical scar (with a horizontal scar hidden under the breast) to be less consistent in terms of result FWIW

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

Over the internet opinions are very limited since we can not examine you. So my guess is NO.. Best to seek a few in person consultations..///

Avoid lollipop

+1
I never recommend the lollipop lift because it leaves ugly vertical scars. The technique I prefer is called The Ultimate Breast Lift(TM). This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This results in nice, round, perky breasts that you desire. Breast tissue can be removed to achieve your desired size. At size 32 approximately 300 grams removal would be require to take you down to a size C from a DDD. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon