My 400cc Smooth Moderate Silicone Implants Still Have Not Dropped?

I had breast enhancement surgery on May 23, 2013. My breasts feel natural and look great when I am dressed, however there is still an empty pouch below both nipples. I can feel the edge of the implant if I press up through the pouch to near the top of the areola. Will I need a revision to enlarge the pocket or to further release the silicone from the muscle? I am in good shape and part of my workout includes weights. Thank you PS-Will be seeing my Dr fairly soon and want to know what to ask.

Pseudoglandular ptosis after a brest augmentation

+2

It sounds like you had a bit of breast laxity or sagging prior to surgery.  You now have a condition know as pseudoglandular ptosis.  This is when a submuscular implant is held in the high position and the breast sags off of the implant.  If the implant does not drop by the 6 month point you will either need an inferior capsulectomy or a breast lift. 

Breast implants should look good right away.

+2

Hi.

1)  In fact, that is how the plastic surgeon decides that the operation is done, when the patient is placed in the sitting position and the breasts look great.

2)  Not sure what is wrong, but it does sound like you will want a revision. Probably best to wait another two or three months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+2

I think that the questions you ask here are appropriate questions to  ask of your plastic surgeon when you see him. He, unlike online consultants, will have the benefit of physical examination;  this physical  examination will be key to answering your questions in a meaningful fashion.  Otherwise, without this examination, responses you receive will only be very general and speculative.

400 CC Implants Have Not Dropped

+2

Without before and after pictures, it is not possible to answer this question.  You may need a lift, possible breast pocket revision, or your breast may still need to settle.  Consult with your Plastic Surgeon for guidance during your healing process.   Best wishes for a fast recovery!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+2

It is difficult to offer any advice without access to photos, preferably from before and after surgery. There are numerous possible explanations for what you are describing, including failure to drop, malposition, capsular contracture, sagging breasts that needed a mastopexy (lift), and others. Each of these might have a different treatment

Discuss with your surgeon.

All the best. 

400cc silicone implants still have not dropped

+1

It's difficult to say without pre-op and post-op photos, but it sounds like either your implants have not dropped, as you stated, or you were a bit droopy to start off with and your own breast tissue is hanging off of your implants.  Hard to say without photos. If upon exam at your doctors office, it's determined that they have not dropped, perhaps inquire about a breast wrap to help your implants settle.  Otherwise if you need a lift of some sort, your surgeon can go over your best options with you then.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant malposition

+1

You appear to have implant malposition. Vigorous strapping to push the implants down may still be helpful, but short of that revision surgery with repositioning of the implant will be necessary.

Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Three weeks after breast augmentation the final shape is established.

+1

I can't imagine that there will be a great change in the overall shape of the breast going forward. If you don't like which are looking at you should bring this up with your plastic surgeon at the next visit.