I'm over 5 months po tummy tuck is it normal to be Swollen constantly this far along feeling depressed? (photo)

Still swollen post op

+1

Your photos are difficult to interpret; that being said, it s not typical to still be swolen this far post-op.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Mostly Resolved After 5 Months

+1

It's obviously impossible to assess the results of your tummy tuck from the photos provided but by 5 months out you should have minimal residual swelling if any and look the way you want to. My advice is to speak with your surgeon and find out how much liposuction you had. Some Plastic surgeons still don't perform enough liposuction with their tummy tucks. The results are less than optimal and leave patients feeling "swollen" with thick abdominal walls despite the fact that their muscles have been tightened and the reducndant skin excised. You may benefit from another less invasive procedure where "LIPOSCULPTING" of your abdominal wall is performed to give you the definition you desire. Don't despair and good luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

5 Months Post Op Tummy Tuck

+1

At 5 months post op, you should feel good, and not swollen. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss this concern.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD