Would a lip lift help my smile? (Photos)

As you can see in the pictures it takes a lot of effort to show my teeth when I smile which makes it look unnatural. I've been smiling with my mouth closed in pictures but I really want to be able to smile with all the pearly whites while making it look natural. I have straight teeth so I don't think I need dental surgery... would a lip lift help? I just need it to look natural when I pull my upper lip up. Thanks!

Lip lift to improve smile

+1
A lip lift does 3 things: it shortens the distance between your nose and upper lip, rolls out the upper lip and increases the incisor show. Unfortunately, your photographs are not adequate. I would need a photograph of you in repose with your jaw relaxed to see how much incisor show you have. This technique is very effective in improving the appearance of your smile.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+1
A very minor lip lift may help you achieve the results that you want.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD