How in earth can my stomach be fixed up? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Great candidate for tummy tuck
1. Keep your scar low so that it is hidden in the smallest bathing suit
2. Have your surgeon use Exparel®, a long acting pain reliever injected at the time of surgery for reduced pain and shorter recovery
3. Have your surgeon use Xeralto or Lovenox to reduce your risk of blood clots
4. Have your surgeon fix your hernia when he repairs your rectus diastasis
5. Have your surgeon use progressive tension sutures to stitch your tummy skin down and not use a drain
6. Use incremental compression garments to reduce risk of leg blood clots
7. Have your surgeon use dissolving sutures so you have no stitch marks
8. Have your surgeon make your belly button a pinch on the small side since they stretch bigger
9. Have your surgeon gently shape your abdominal flap to create a more athletic appearance and muscular
10. Have your surgeon use Prineo tape bandages that stick on for six weeks to improve your tummy tuck scar.
Internet conversations do not replace proper consultation with you doctor and examination. Best of luck to you.
Full tummy tuck
You are not alone. A full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) can help correct most of the issues that you have presented. Both the abdominal wall laxity (muscle separation) as well as the belly button hernia can be repaired at the same time.
All the best,
Dr. Remus Repta
Your protruding abdomen is due to the loose muscle and also for the saggy skin. So, these particular features makes your abdomen a perfect candidate for a Tummy Tuck with a tight muscle repair and your results can only be perfect!!! Because you already have a beautiful foundation.
You will be loving your results: a flat abdomen and tapered waist.
You might also like...
How in earth can my stomach be fixed up?
What can be done for your tummy?
How on earth can my stomach be fixed up?
Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
A properly done tummy tuck should give you a beautiful tummy
Please be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in tummy tuck surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.
Please read the link below.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.