I had upper eyelid surgery 3 months ago and one eye looks great but my left eye doesn't seem to be healing as well. (photo)

Not sure what to do. I don't feel confident about getting out in public. Is this normal at this stage?I had upper eyelid surgery 3 months ago and one eye looks great but my left eye doesn't seem to be healing as well. It is still pretty red and tight and also has a bulb at the end of the incision that doesn't seem to be flattening out.

You are having a problem.

+2
It may or not be a problem your surgeon can help you with.  Small differences in how surgery was performed can have a bearing on the results of surgery.  You had a lot of the natural fold removed from the eyelid.  This photo really does not provide a clear idea of what is going on.   Beyond the redness, it is not clear if the incision on the left side was make too high or if the left upper eyelid is droopy.  Much depends on what is going on in your mind.  Are you clinically depressed by your surgery result.  If so, get psychological help to feel better.  This will help you deal with your surgery results.  There is a lot of help out there.  However, if your surgeon does not see what you see, he or she will not be able to help you resolve the issue.  Consider getting some second opinions to help you move forward. Good luck and consider reposting with better photographs. 

3 months after blepharoplasty

+1
Your incision scar is more prominent than common for this stage in your healing. Please see your surgeon to have him examine you and suggest appropriate treatment. Unfortunately, the photo alone does not give all the information necessary to recommend best management.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon