What Exactly Happens when the Implant Drops? And How Does That Reverse Frankenboob?

What Exactly Happens when the Implant Drops

+2

As the first couple of months pass, the pectoralis muscle will begin to relax to accommodate the new implants. Until then, the pressure the muscles exert on the implant displaces the fluid (saline or silicone) upward to bulge in the upper breast, and incompletely fill the lower breast.

The implant is seated in a pocket the bottom of which is stable, much like the bottom of an envelope. The upper part of the pocket is a large empty space that reaches up to the collar bone, so that the pressure on the implant displaces the fluid to the area of least resistance.

This abnormal positioning is self-correcting as the muscles relax allowing the implants to "drop"

All the best.

Breast implants "drop" as the swelling subsides.

+1

Breast implants don't actually drop. The volume of the implant is artificially supported by the swelling in the soft tissues. As this swelling subsides so does the artificial support and the implant comes to hang more naturally.

Breast Appearance Changes after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Difficult to know exactly what you mean by “Frankenboob”. Generally speaking, as breast implants “settle”, the appearance of the breasts will improve.  Patients will note less fullness superiorly and more volume inferiorly, while the nipple/areola complexes "rise"  on the breast mounds.  The breast appearance will go from more of an oblong to a rounder appearance. This process is sometimes referred to as “drop and fluff”. In my practice, I ask patients to exercise patience and evaluate the results of the surgery performed 3 to 6 months postoperatively.

Breast augmentation and high implants

+1

Initially implants will ride high a bit. This is a comdination of swelling and muscle swelling when the implants are placed under the muscle.