Should I have a fluer di lis revision done? (photo)

I'm 6 weeks post op from an extended TT with MR. And while I'm very happy with my results so far, the loose skin left is still bothering me. My Dr suggested coming back @4 months & he could lipo the small amount of fat ( he said aprox 2 TBLS ) in office if it really bothers me. Which it does , a long with the laxity that's left. Should I consider the vertical scar , or leave it as is?

+3

You need to compare the before and after photos!!! Why take a risk of ruining this excellent result???

Fleur de lis

+3

Don't mess with success. You got a great result. Look at your pre-op photo. Very nice of your ps to offer potential revisi

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Vertical Tummy Tuck for Additional Skin Tightening

+2

What you have is an excellent result from your tummy tuck. It is very common in weight loss patients that they have some loose skin afterwards even when maximal horizontal skin removal has been done. There is no question you can get further skin tightening by the addition now of vertical skin removal. Whether the additional vertical scar down the midline is worth it is a personal decision. But if done, it is a far easier procedure to go through your previous tummy tuck. I think with your natural skin laxity that liposuction alone may not produce an adequate tightening effect.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

More Surgery after Tummy Tuck

+2

You cannot see you result for a total of 18 months at least. Its too soon to judge your final result.

Your early rsult looks very good and is quite pleasing. Try not to get too stuck on a "perfect" result. Second guessing yourself or adding more surgery could make you miserable.

All the best!

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Fleur-de-leis incision

+2
Thanks for your inquiry and pictures. I think you had a great result-I agree with my colleagues. A Fleur-de-Leis excision will improve your vertical laxity at the price of a vertical scar. This is an extremely personal decision and you should discuss with your surgeon and loved ones. Good luck and enjoy the new you.

Should I have a fleur de lis revision done?

+2

This will really be up to you, but I think your surgeon gave you a very nice result. I do not think that the vertical scar will be a good tradeoff.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Do I need a vertical scar?

+1

I think that you look fabulous and I would not add all of that extra scar for a small improvement. Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a fleur-de-lis revision done?

+1

Looks like a dramatic improvement.

If the laxity in the horizontal direction bothers you, the solution would be conversion to a fleur-de-lis. The trade off will be a long vertical scar. Only you can decide if it is worth it for the improvement which may be more palpable than visible. I would suggest waiting for at least six months from surgery before evaluating the outcome.

All the best.

Fleur-de leis

+1

yes. I believe a Fleur-de- leis will give you the best contour and remove the remaining skin excess although you will have a vertical scar

Sydney Plastic Surgeon