Will Cyst or Fat Necrosis Removal Cause Asymmetry?

I had fat trasnfer and implanst to my breasts. My R breast was always smaller and wasn't corrected during fat transfer & same size implants were used. I didnt want a larger implant but did expect more fat to go in the smaller breast but when I woke up fromsurgery it was the same. I have accepted the difference in size but I don't want it to get more asymmetric-now several hard lumps developed in my R breast and determined to be fat necrosis or cysts. If I remove them, will my R breast get even smaller??

Depending on the size of the lumps to be removed, that breast will be smaller. Choices for better symmetry will be more fat grafting, which sounds like not a great idea given the current complication, or larger implant, probably best done at another setting. 

All the best. 

Fat necrosis removal , asymmetry

There is a high possibility , depending on the size of the cysts and the amount to be removed  , that your breast will look smaller . Since it is already smaller , i think  you will probably need a larger implant placed in that breast in order to achieve symmetry ( or close to it ) .

best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD