Cost to Downsize, Switch to Saline?

I need to find out how much it costs to switch to saline implants, downsize and have a capsullorhaphy. I am almost positive I will need this because I am downsizing my implants by at least 200 ccs. I do not need a lift. I have no idea the true cost for this surgery including all fees and hospital fees. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at for cost? Also can someone tell me how saline implants can get bacteria or mold? I have seen this and am not sure how. Could it make you sick forever?

Switch to Saline?

+2

I will address the question of mould growing within saline implants

Mould or bacterial growths have been reported within saline implants.It is believed that bacteria enter the lumen of the implant when the open technique of saline filling is used,

this is often the case in cut rate clinics

Today we use the closed filling system.The implant is filled directly from the saline bag , in the same way that an IV is given  .We have studied this filling system and found no contamination when saline implants are filled in this fashion

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You need an in person consultation

+1

You need to see a plastic surgeon to determine what you need and what the total cost would be. Quotes over the internet without seeing the doctor are very unreliable.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Costs of surgery will depend on the details

+1

Hi there-

Please understand that the details of your surgery will determine the costs and that surgery (especially revision surgery) is not like buying an appliance.

Therefore it would not be ethical or responsible of me (or anyone else) to try to give you an estimate of your costs without first meeting you, discussing your goals with you, performing a careful examination, and then reviewing options with you.

Remember- even a very low cost would not be worth it if you were not receiving responsible medical care... Which is what you are asking for when you shop for a price on The Web...

Visit a few reputable surgeons for consultations.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Cost to downsize breast implants

+1

This is always a tough question because there is no way to know exactly what needs to be done in each individual case.  Your case may be very easy or may require some more advanced, difficult maneuvers (pocket modifications, infra-mammary fold adjustments, etc.) that drive the cost of the procedure up.  The best way to get an idea of cost is to get into a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's office and discuss your case.

Jay Calvert, MD

Downsizing costs

+1
It is impossible to quote fees for a revisional procedure without a consultation. Much will depend on the estimated time to perform the operation. Implants do not develop mold. It is possible for a patient to develop a bacterial infection but I am not sure what you are referring to.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Cost for implant change

+1

Costs for breast surgery revisions will vary based on the extent of revision necessary, the type of implant (saline implants are usually cheaper than silicone), and the location of the surgery.  For these reasons, it is very difficult to give you an exact cost for the procedure you are considering.  I would suggest that you speak with a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area to get an idea of what would be involved surgically and how much it would cost.  I can tell you that in the midwest, such a procedure can range anywhere from $5000-8000 and would typically included all costs -- surgeon's fees, anesthesia, implants, operating room, etc., but costs will vary geographically as well since the cost of living varies.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon