Confused Why Advised Against Having TT Lipo and Ba Together? Do I Have Too Much Fat to Be Removed? (photo)

I'm 160lbs,5'ft. Is It Price? I have seen bigger ladies than me go to DR or some even in the states and have gotten this done. I have gone to three consults, the first one the dr said not really necessary and it would be too pricey.. The second one said he would do it only if I really wanted to but not on the same day then he changed his mind and said maybe a year later. The third one said I would be so happy with my new tummy that me breasts wouldn't even bother me. Are the standards different for out of the country?

Lose Weight For Best Tummy Tuck Result

+3

Hazel1,

Thank you for your question. I believe you are correct about "too much fat to be removed". From your photo my guess is that the surgeons were concerned that you would not have a good Tummy Tuck result. It is very important to lose weight and the excess fat beneath the skin for the best Tummy Tuck result.

The fat under the tummy skin prevents optimal tightening during Tummy Tuck.  The doctors should have recommended weight loss before proceeding with Tummy Tuck.

Once you have loose tummy skin without excess fat the Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck can be done together.

Confused Why Advised Against Having TT Lipo and Ba Together? Do I Have Too Much Fat to Be Removed?

+1

A tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and back along with the breast augmentation may be performed together to give the best result.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks, liposuction procedures, and breast augmentation procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Multiple procedures

+1

Thanks for your question and photos.  Hard to say definitively without your breast photos, but, that being said, I commonly perform breast and abdominal procedures at the same time.  I generally like to operate for less than 6 hours per patient per day, but I suspect that you would fit into these parameters.  If you would like a second opinion, seek the thoughts of another board certified plastic surgeon!  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hazel1,

You will certainly get different opinions from different plastic surgeons on even the most straight forward appearing cases.  As far as opinions from out of the country, I cannot speak to that other than say, the safety standards and regulations are far different.  Personally, I have done many (thousands) of surgeries that combine breast and abdominal procedures and this can be done in a very safe manner in an outpatient setting.  From the single photo you provided, it is difficult to make an assessment and there are no pictures of your breasts.  Feel free to email me and we can discuss the particulars including additional photos to see if you would qualify for a combined procedure.  Good luck.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation and Liposuction done together

+1

Dear Hazel1,  Plastic Surgeons are not uniform in their opinions because there is a lot of room when it comes to their personal preferences which are the opinions you heard.  Perhaps the answer to your question lies in your measurements.  The truth is that 5'/160lbs makes you a poor candidate for a Tummy Tuck.  Looking at your photo comfirms that.  Your tummy is so prominent that only a limited improvement can be expected.  Even after extensive liposuction and skin resection your visceral fat (fat around the organs that cannot be removed) would make it impossible to give you a flat tummy for a result.  I can see why the surgeons you consulted were discouraged to offer you multiple surgeries on  the same event.  Multiple surgeries are done all the time, maybe the surgeons in Boston are too conservative.  If you can get your weight under 130lbs you will find lots of surgeons eager to do your surgeries and you would be able to get a reasonable result, it makes a big difference. DrBrou

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Confused Why Advised Against Having TT Lipo and Ba Together?

+1

It is not possible to comment on the breasts without photos. It is not clear where the liposuction will be needed. If it is limited to the abdomen and flanks, I am not sure why you couldn't have all of this done safely in one setting. If your breasts bother you now, I would suspect they would bother you even more once your abdomen has been improved. 

All the best.