I'm 32 yrs old, 5'5", 120 lbs., 34B with no kids. Is 450 cc gel high profile the best option for me? Or moderate plus? (photo)

I'm getting my BA July 8th and am nervous about my PS recommendations. I want most natural looking larger breasts. I don't want the " globular fake look" . I'm 5'5 120 lbs no kids 32 yrs old and currently wear a 34 B. I have a slight pectus excavatum

'm 32 yrs old, 5'5", 120 lbs., 34B with no kids. Is 450 cc gel high profile the best option for me? Or moderate plus? (photo)

+2
There are a number of things to consider in your case.  If you would like the most natural look and feel to your breasts I would suggest you have the implants placed under the muscle.  If you want the most natural slope to the upper pole of the breast (with good projection in the lower pole) consider the highly-cohesive shaped "Gummy Bear" implants.  They do an outstanding job of camouflaging mild pectus deformities.  Without knowing the exact dimensions of your breasts it is hard to recommend a specific implant  size or projection.  450 cc might fit if you want a fairly large implant.  A moderate plus projection would likely give you a more natural look than a high profile.  Hope this helps.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with high versus moderate plus profile implant

+1
Dear A,

It appears that you would have a nice result with either implant.  The high profile implants will likely be slightly less natural in appearance.  A note of caution, you do have visible asymmetry in your breasts, which may become more apparent after augmentation.  This is due to the simple fact that when the breasts are enlarged, sometimes the asymmetries are enlarged as well, e.g. looking through a magnifying glass or mirror.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Choosing the best implant.

+1
The most important guideline to you looking natural but with bigger breasts is that the implant you choose should have a diameter which closely matches the width of your breast.  If you choose too narrow an implant, it will not fill out the area of your breast and if you choose an implant which is wider than your breast, it will disrupt the normal margins of the breast and result in predictable problems in the future.  For any given volume, a moderate plus implant will be wider than a high profile implant.  Revisit with your plastic surgeon to be sure the width of your breast is measured correctly, then use the volume as a secondary consideration.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Choice of breast implants.

+1
The choice of moderate or high profile implants is based on the width of your breasts and how much volume you want.  If you want more volume but don't have a big enough foot print, you need to switch to a high profile.

The bigger you go the more "fake" you risk looking.
Shaped implants have the most flattened slope, but most patients can't tell the difference between those and dome shaped implants in a photo so maybe the "fake" looking people you see are over-the-top too big or too thin or have something else going on to make them look round.  The "shaped" implants are more expensive than the regular silicone implants and take more precision to get a well seated implant.  They also can rock on the chest and the inner edge can show as a result (this might be a problem for someone with excavatum.)

The pectus will make your cleavage look deeper.

If your skin is tight and you go too big, your skin at your breast bone will tent up off the bone which gives an odd look. 

Good luck.  If you need more questions answered talk to your surgeon.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation sizing

+1
Thank you for the question. While there's only one picture, it seems that you will benefit from breast augmentation using a moderate profile implant. Consider discussing the option of using different size implants as your right breast seems to be larger than the left significantly. Additionally discuss the option of undergoing Vectra 3-D imaging to look at different size and profile implants and simulate the desired outcome.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implant choice

+1
It is impossible to determine what is the best implant for you without a proper evaluation in person. Best to be seen in person.

I'm 32 yrs old, 5'5", 120 lbs., 34B with no kids. Is 450 cc gel high profile the best option for me? Or moderate plus?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph,  despite the breast asymmetry present, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you  with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation ( or in your case, further communication) with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Given your concerns, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon;  ask the same question of him/her regarding the use of ultra-high-profile implants  and the greater projection that results from the use of these breast implants.

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.