24 Year Old with Deep Furrow Lines. What Type of Brow Lift? (photo)

Bothered by my brow-now! I'm definitely not looking to get rid of them completely. I think to certain degree they can be attractive in a James Dean kind of way lol... The 2 qualities that bother me are: 1. The "hyper-furrowing" on the top right and left edges of my forehead extending back towards my hair line/ 2. The sharp contrast in tissue just beneath my hairline creating an incongruous fold. Not sure what type of brow lift to look into. Thanks Dr.'s!

Too Young for A Brow Lift?

+1

The browlift would not be a great option for a young male with your anatomy.  The forehead furrowing can be improved with Botox.

Brow lift

+1

You do not need surgery. A small volume of botox skillfully applied as Dr. Beraka has said will go along way with you.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Botox wil produce subtle brow lift.

+1

Hi.

You definitely should not have a surgical brow lift. About 20 units of Botox skilfully applied to your forehead will give you great improvement.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Botox not brow lift needed

+1

At age 24, the best option for the frontalis furrows is Botox.  The level of the eyebrows is acceptable and does not need to be lifted.

No surgery in your future.

+1

There is no surgery that will help you. This can be a vexing problem.  Botullinum toxin, Botox or Dysport, injected intradermally may give you the kind of result you want without affecting the height of the brows.  It only lasts 3-4 months but may help. You also might consider hyaluronic acid injected into the lines, but you will need a number of syringes.  My best advice; leave it alone. Sorry could not be of more help

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Conservative botox

+1

Conservative botox treatment is the proper treatment for your concerns. Nobody likes a "frozen face", so softening the lines of your forehead when your raise your brows is possible without surgery using botox. Surgery is not the answer for you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

24 Year Old with Deep Furrows between Eyebrows

+1

An irregular trichophytic hairline incision can be made if you want a brow lift and a softening of the furrows. Hair will grow through the incision so it is not seen. However, if you have hair loss later in life, hair replacement surgery will be necessary because the scar will become exposed. If you just want to improve the furrows, Botox is the easiest treatment. Although injections will be necessary every 3-4 months it is a simple process.

Deep furrow lines on forehead

+1

I would not recommend a brow lift for you.  A brow lift procedure can help to raise the position of the eyebrows when they are at rest, but it will not alter the furrows that form when you raise your eyebrows.  Your issue is a result of the muscle in your forehead and not the brow position.  I would recommend trying Botox first to weaken your forehead muscle and see if that helps.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon