I am 19 and hate my breasts. Should I get surgery? (Photo)

My breasts have always been this way. Large, saggy, and asymmetrical. I think they are hideous. I also hate my large areolas. My left breast is a lot bigger and the areola is also bigger! Its gross. My breasts always look puffy as well and they are too far apart and go too far to the side. I also cant find any bras that fit because either my left breast will hang out or there will be a huge gap between it and the right breast. What can I do to make them more attractive?

19, Hate My Breasts - How Can I Improve Them?

+2
At 19 years old and with the breasts that you have kindly given us photographs of, I would not do a standard breast reduction.  You might hate the scars worse than you hate your breasts now .

If you were my patient, I would ask you to consider a suction breast reduction.  Suction breast reductions have the advantage of a tiny incision just at the outside of each breast.  This technique has the capability of not only sucking out fat, but also some of your breast tissue. 

Your areola are big because your breasts have stretched them out.  The process of liposuctioning the breast will not only decrease the size of your breast, it will also decrease the size of your areola and lift your breasts.  This can be done in such a way as to lift the lower one more than the higher one. 

Your nipples are in a good location for this procedure.  This procedure is less expensive than a breast reduction and infinitely less scarring.  Also, as your breasts move up, your cleavage will increase. 

Once again, if you were my patient, I would allow the breasts to settle down and the internal tissue to heal for about 6 months after suction breast reduction, and then go in through an incision in your armpit to place implants under the muscle but with a dual plane release.  This way, your nipple areola will be higher, your nipple areola complex will be smaller, and very likely, your breasts won't point to the outside quite as much. 

The beauty of RealSelf is that you get multiple suggestions from multiple, very experienced plastic surgeons.  I am sure in your town there are Board Certified plastic surgeons who can also assist you in determining which aesthetic surgery is right for you.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

19 and Hate My Breasts

+2
I would echo my colleague's opinion that your breasts are not hideous at all.  Perhaps you are comparing your breasts to the breasts of super thin models who have breast implants and a very round firm look.  Those models have almost no breast tissue at all.

You can consider making the volume more equal by reducing the left breast a bit, at which time the areola can be reduced as well.  You can also lift the right breast to reduce that areola and lift the sagging.

But to undergo this sort of surgery you will have to accept real scars as the trade.  From the photos your surgery can likely be done with a vertical breast lift (which leaves scars in a lollipop fashion:  around the areola and vertically down).  Be sure that you won't hate your breasts more with scars than without.  Best of luck.  And do see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

+1
You will benefit from a breast reduction/lift and areolar reduction to reduce the size, improve the shape, correct the asymmetry and reduce the areolas. 

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift for ptosis and asymmetry

+1
First I do not think your breasts are 'hideous.' You appear young and fit and have pleasant full breasts which many young ladies would love to have.

You do have breast ptosis which is sagging and you have asymmetry between the two sides.

A breast lift and minor reduction can lift your breasts and make the areolas smaller and the breasts smaller and more symmetrical.

Be aware however that a breast lift will create scars. For more information on breast left read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS