I Was Born with a Crooked Nose, Will Rhinoplasty Help? (photo)

I have a crooked nose and i'm unhappy with the tip as well. It's also quite large. Will rhinoplasty correct my nose so that it's almost completely straight?

Born With a Crooked Nose

You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. Select a rhinoplasty specialist because fixing a crooked nose is one of the most challenging operations we do. Looking at your pictures, I'm sure you also have compromised nasal breathing. Good Luck!

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Correcting the crooked nose

Hello Achoo,

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yes, a rhinoplasty will help correct the position of your nose and the shape of your tip.  Since your tissues have been crooked for many years now your plastic surgeon may be able to get it perfectly straight but your body may pull a little bit on it toward the original location.  Improvement will be seen but perfectly straight may be difficult to accomplish.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Straightening the Nose

Yes.  Obviously I need to see both your outer and inner nasal structures in planning a surgery but these are actually common problems that we see all the time (see web reference.  Find a surgeon that has before and after photos that are similar to yours and discuss your possible surgery.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

5000 W. 95th
Prairie Village , KS 66207

Born with crooked nose, rhinoplasty can help

The surgeon must identify the issues that are causing the twist.  These issues range from broken and twisted nasal bones to valve collapse (where the upper lateral cartilages on one side are herniated down off the nasal bone and inward towards the airway).  The tip can also be asymmetrically twisted due to the 2 tip cartilages being mal-aligned.  All these components must be considered to improve symmetry of the nose.  Rhinoplasty to straighten the nose may include, osteotomies, unilateral spreader grafts placed on the concaved side, exploration of the tip through closed techniques with tip binding sutures, and occasional removal of cartilage from the convex side on both the tip and the scroll on the upper lateral cartilage.  This effectively creates a straight nose.  It is important to make sure there are no breathing problems within the nose, as most crooked noses have a deviated septum as well and may need to be addressed.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

I Was Born with a Crooked Nose, Will Rhinoplasty Help?

The short answer to all of your questions is yes!  My suggestion to you is to have a consultation with at least one board certified plastic surgeon, who has a wealth of experience with rhinoplasty, and he/she will definitely be able to help you, and most likely will be able to use an imaging system to give you an idea what the end results will be, and you will be able to also tell your surgeon what your expectations are. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

670 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

I always caution patients that rhinoplasty can make a nose straighter, softer and cuter, but not perfect.  I have yet to see a perfect rhinoplasty result.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

You are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty.  The nose can be straightened and the tip can definitely be reduced and refined.  Secure several consultations with surgeons that perform a multitude of rhinoplasties. It is also advisable to take a list of questions to your consultation.  It is so easy to forget all of your concerns at your appointment.  

David Alessi, MD

9735 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

Rhinoplasty can help improve the asymmetry of noses such as yours.  No honest surgeon would ever promise you a completely straight nose.

See he link below for an example of rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Crooked noses can be straightened and made smaller at the same time

A rhinoplasty specialist can typically make a crooked nose straighter. However, it will never be perfectly straight. An externally crooked nose is usually accompanied by an internally deviated septum. Make sure that your surgeon looks inside your nose and is adept at septoplasty as well.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065

Using rhinoplasty to straighten crooked nose

Rhinoplasty can make a crooked nose straighter. No one can guarantee a completely straight nose, but an experienced surgeon should be able to significantly improve the crookedness.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104