Born with congential ptosis in right eye: How can it be corrected? (Photo)

i hav congenital ptosis in my left eye because of which my eyes look uneven and unsymmetrical...and it is very easily visible..i have already been operated once when i was around 10...and now i m 21.... i want to get it corrected...bcoz of this i suffered so much depression ..plz help me out....

Doctor Answers (3)

Congenital eyelid ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  • Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Opthalmologist for a complete evaluation and surgical planning.
  • It will help if you can get a copy of the original surgical note describing your first operation. Best wishes.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is hard to make a correct diagnosis based on these pictures, physical examination and previous surgery notes are needed. 

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

A procedure called levator recession or resection can often correct congenital ptosis in one eye

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You need a consultation and examination by an ophthalmologist and a plastic surgeon who is experienced an oculoplastic surgery techniques.  The cause of your ptosis should be established and in many cases a simple oculoplastic procedure called levator resection or recession can be done.  Please see board certified plastic surgeon with special expertise in oculoplastic surgery.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.