Born with congential ptosis in right eye: How can it be corrected? (Photo)

i hav congenital ptosis in my left eye because of which my eyes look uneven and unsymmetrical...and it is very easily visible..i have already been operated once when i was around 10...and now i m 21.... i want to get it corrected...bcoz of this i suffered so much depression ..plz help me out....

It is hard to make a correct diagnosis based on these pictures, physical examination and previous surgery notes are needed. 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, OH 44109

A procedure called levator recession or resection can often correct congenital ptosis in one eye

You need a consultation and examination by an ophthalmologist and a plastic surgeon who is experienced an oculoplastic surgery techniques.  The cause of your ptosis should be established and in many cases a simple oculoplastic procedure called levator resection or recession can be done.  Please see board certified plastic surgeon with special expertise in oculoplastic surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Congenital eyelid ptosis

• Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Opthalmologist for a complete evaluation and surgical planning.
  • It will help if you can get a copy of the original surgical note describing your first operation. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309