Born With a Bump On My Lip, What Are Options To Remove It? (photo)

I was born with a bump on my lip. It really wasnt a big deal growing up but now as an adult I'm experimenting with fashion and makeup and it gets in the way. I asked my dermatologist and she said that there is no way to remove it without changing my lip shape. I love my lips I just want the bump gone. Is this possible?

You may be a candidate to have the bump on your upper lip removed.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photos which are poor quality:

If the bump is a small elevation on your right upper lip, you might be able to have it removed. When performed properly, small elevations of the pink of your lip may be excised, and healing tends to be favorable in most. You should consult a reputable facial plastic surgeon to see if excision of this bump would be right for you. You can check abfprs.org for a list of certified specialists near you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4044

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon