Does Botox Help with the Under Eye Lines?

I have botox for my forehead, loving it. What kind of product(s) can reduce the under eye lines? Does Botox help?

There are options for you to significantly improve fine lines beneath the eye.

+1

Botox is often used to reduce "crow's feet" to the side of the eyes however, it can be used in very small quantities to reduce fine lines under the eyes as well. Other options may include dermal fillers (Restylane), laser resurfacing or surgery to remove excess skin.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Lower Eye Lid lines and wrinkles

+1

Wrinkles are caused by a combination of repeated muscle movements under the skin as well as skin thinning and stretching. While Botox is used with great results elsewhere in the face its use in the lower lid is quite problematic. Weakening the thin muscle right under the lower lid skin removed the support for the fat right under the eye globe and leads to ugly protrusion of the fat causing turned red and puffly lower lids thereby defeating the whole purpose of the treatment. Instead, such wrinkles are smoothed either with a simple "skin pinch" removal surgery of the lower lid or shrinking and smoothing using the ProFractional Erbium laser by Sciton. You may want to look it up on YouTube. 

Good Luck

Botox is uncommonly used for under eyelid lines

+1

The lines might improve from Botox injecitons in the lower eyelids but many patients develop more problematic side effects such as puffiness or droopiness of the lower eyelids which can cause a functional problem. Laser or plasma resurfacing or possibly skin excision and blepharoplasty might be better options.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Restylane is best for under eye lines

+1

Botox cannot be used under the eyes.  The under eye area needs to be treated with a filler. For under eye circles I prefer using Restylane. 

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fort Lauderdale Botox

+1
Under eye regions can be treated upon the condition that the muscles around the eye & skin have enough elasticity to prevent unwanted sagging appearance. I generally inject micro droplet amounts based on patient need in multiple sites as opposed to traditional single site injection.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and under eye lines

+1

In many patients, a small amount of Botox used just below the eye helps reduce the appearance of small "crepey" wrinkles that commonly occur in that area.  It should be used with caution in older patients and patients who have had a lower lid Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).

Lori Stetler, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Undereye wrinkles

+1

Botox isa not really used for under eye wrinkles. Sometimes lasers or simple skin excision can help with those lines.

Botox can help with undereye wrinkles

+1

Botox works by relaxing the muscles and is especially effective for the crows feet around the eyes.  It can also help with horizontal lower eyelid wrinkles and can be often done in combination with a soft tissue filler.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Lower eyelid lines and Botox

+1

Botox is often used to treat the crowsfeet area around the lateral part of the eyelids.  It is also possible to use a lower dosage to treat the lower eyelid wrinkles, however the risk of developing weakness in closing the eyelid is higher.  Other options for treating lower eyelid lines include eyelid sugery (blepharoplasty), injectable fillers (Restylane) and laser skin resurfacing or chemical peels

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX under eyes

+1

I agree that BOTOX alone under the eye, unlike the forehead, can be a problem.  A combined approach with resurfacing, fat grafting and/or eyelid surgery  may sound more invasive but can have beautiful, long lasting results. Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon