Booked in for Holiday 5 Weeks 3 Days After Breast Lift and Under Muscle Implants?

Hello I'm having a lift and under muscle implants 5 weeks and 3 days before I go on holiday. Now my plastic surgeon says fine to go on holiday after 4 weeks but concerned the plane flight is 1 hour 15 minutes and I kno I can't get scars in sun and no being in the pool till 6 weeks if scars ok but am I defiantly ok to fly and be on holiday that close after can anyone reduce my concerns over this I know il still be in my post op bras which isn't a problem maybe it's as I'm nervous and worrying

Traveling 5 1/2 weeks after surgery

+1

You should be safe to travel 5 weeks and 3 days following your breast augmentation with a lift.  Travel insurance is a great back up plan in case complications slow your recovery and you need to cancel the trip.  Good luck.

5 weeks post-op from breast surgery

+1

Clearance is given by your physician. In general terms for my patients,  usually by 3 -4 weeks they can go back to light aerobics and 6-8 weeks heavy lifting.

Five weeks post op

+1

There should be no issues with you flying 5 weeks after surgery.  As long as your incisions are completely closed with no drainage you should also be able to get into the pool.  You are correct in not wanting to expose your incisions to the sun.  Put sunblock on them (as long as they are closed and your surgeon has informed you it is ok to do so)  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Five weeks is more than enough time after breast augmentation to resume normal activity.

+1

You should be fine five weeks after breast augmentation for your flight. As far as vigorous physical activity goes, check with your plastic surgeon.

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.

It is perfectly OK to fly after 5 weeks after your breast augmentation and have a holiday too. Flights over 8 hours have a risk of clots in the legs ( DVT). Just be careful with your shoulder movements especially the ones that involve the pec muscle ( the muscle under which the breast implant is sitting). Removing your luggage off the conveyor belt and putting and removing your hand luggage from the overhead compartment are the 2 activities I will get assistance

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Flight 5 weeks after surgery.

+1

Many patients fly home the day after surgery. I would not have any worries about flying 5 weeks after your surgery.

Good luck with your procedure, and enjoy your vacation. 

All the best.