About to Book Septo and Rhino. Am I a Good Candidate? (photo)

hi Im about to book in and pay for septo/rhino. Im so nervous, I keep reading so many bad things about people being unhappy. The problem with my nose is pretty obvious - I have never ever been happy with it, and it completely kills my self confidence. My Dr agreed with me, the bridge needs to be narrowed, the hump removed and the tip brought up slightly. The consultation was pretty quick, he seemed very confident and said it was all standard.. am I a good candidate?

Candidate for Septo and Rhino

+2

If the look of your nose is really affecting your self-confidence, it is probably time to consider rhinoplasty.  A septoplasty is done for nasal obstructive breathing problems and can be performed at the same time as rhinoplasty.  Since a septoplasty is medical done out of medical necessity, medical insurance often covers part of the cost.  Rhinoplasty, a cosmetic procedure, must be paid by for by the patient.  Once the hump is removed, osteotomies will be required to narrow the bridge.  The tip might need to be brought up slightly and narrowed.  Computer imaging is an excellent communication tool and helps to establish surgical goals between the surgeon and patient.

Is Rhinoplasty for Me?

+2

Hello. You are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. As your doctor said, the tip can be elevated and the dorsal hump can be removed and narrowed. These techniques can be done to maintain the masculinity of the nose, while making it sophisticated and elegant.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-jobrhinoplasty-7196

+2

I totally understand your fear and your feelings about your confidence. I had a Rhinoplasty when I was 23 and it was the best thing I ever did. It is something that needs not to be taken lightly. Now I am a Plastic Surgeon and it is my favorite procedure because I understand the impact it has. That being said, you need to make sure you are completely comfortable with the person operating on your nose. I spend at least an hour over a few visits with patients because I want to make sure I get it right. You are a great candidate because this is something you want. Yes, you have a bump that can be refined, the tip also could be refined and rotated. You will likely need the upper bones moved in. I could tell you all kind of things but at the end of the day you and your surgeon need to be on the same page and I think you will have an excellent result. Make sure you choose a board certified surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasties. It's always good to seek out patients your surgeon has operated on for advice. You are marrying the office and the surgeon so love them! Best of luck!!

Septorhinoplsty

+2

You would be an ideal candidate for Septorhinoplasty.   It is ashamed that you have read so many bad things about people being unhappy. I average at least four rhinoplasty surgeries a month and I find it to be the most rewarding surgery among patients with the highest level of satisfaction. Personally I use a digital imaging computer in my office which allows me to show the patient the proposed surgical result. This is helpful in showing you the modifications a Septorhinoplasty would make with your personal aesthetics.  It is important in a male nose to keep a masculine and natural looking appearance. The most important factor is to do each surgery depending on each patients facial anatomy to provide proportionate and aesthetically pleasing results to all of your features. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

About to Book Septo and Rhino. Am I a Good Candidate?

+2

Aesthetically speaking the nose has a large dorsal hump that appears to be both bone and cartilage.  In addition, the chin is a bit weak that makes the nose and upper face appear larger than it really is.  Rhinoplasty works best when the Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.  You appear to be a good candidate aesthetically for a Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant but I can't address whether you are or are not emotionally a good candidate for these surgeries at this particular time.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Hesitation Before Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Without physical examination it is hard to provide you with a solid advise concerning your candidacy to undergo septoplasty and tip-modification.

However, based on the photos you have provided it seems that you are doing the right thing to correct your nasal irregularities. 

I am sure that your surgeon did explain to you that every surgery has its risks and final results are not guaranteed as many variables come into play, some are controlled while vary from one patient to another.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com