Should Implants Be Different Sizes to Fix Uneven Breasts? (photo)

did consult, originally was goin 4 silicone 475 cc highprof. now think I want 500 cc. will that work on me? what placement should I do? thinkin split muscle. should I also be goin for 2 differernt filled cc amount cause boobs aren't EVEN (or will pocket placement fix that) if so, how much difference?

Fixing Uneven Breasts

+1

When possible, correcting asymmetry by aligning the inframmary creases is appropriate. In your case, it can be done by lowering the left inframmary fold will help immprove the symmetry. For size recommendations, an in person consultation and exam is in order. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Should Implants Be Different Sizes to Fix Uneven Breasts?

+1

Correction of breast asymmetry is more than volume correction which is unidimsnional thinking. It is like saying asking a 5 foot 2 inch individual weighing 100 lbs to gain 20 pound so that she will look identical to a 5 foot 7 inch individual  weighing 12O lbs. It just doesn't work that simply.

You may best reach your size and symmetry goals with a silicon gel implant placed above the muscle

+1

Your photos show a mild breast asymmetry that I believe is caused mainly by a higher fold on the left and not by any significant difference in your breast size. Ideally, lowering the left inframammary fold to the level on the right will do most to correct this asymmetry. However this is technically difficult to do and virtually impossible if the implant is placed beneath the muscle. In addition I feel that either the 475cc or 500cc will not fit comfortably or naturally beneath the muscle.

I say this because you appear to have a relatively short distance from your nipple to the fold.  To get anywhere near the size implants you desire with an end result that looks natural and to also have a chance at lowering the left fold your implants will have to be placed above the muscle. This position should work for you since you do appear to have adequate breast tissue to overlay and camouflage your implants without the need for muscle coverage. I like  your choice of a silicon gel implant for placement above the muscle. If you were willing to forgo the alteration of the left fold and also accept an implant size in the 300cc range then a submuscular approach is possible.

David A. Ross, MD

Asymmetric breasts and implants

+1

All breasts are asymmetric.  I prefer to use the same shaped and sized silicone implants in patients that have small or minor asymmetries. The larger the implant the less noticeable the small difference of the original breast volume there will be.