Any Options For Uneven Boobs 1 Month After BA? (photo)

Hello, I am 1 month post op, had a BA done with 492cc silicone implant under the muscle. I am begging to see my left breast looks bigger & tighter than the right. It looks like it is dropping lower than the other? My PS says that they will both drop the same but it dosent look like it to me? My right breast was bigger before my BA, He said I didnt need a breast lift, could this be a reason why it looks bigger? should I have got a breast lift? What should i do? Sorry i took my own pictures.

Have Faith in your surgeon

+2

Hi there-

I hope it is safe to assume that you chose your surgeon for the right reasons- 

And now that you have, it is in your best interests to have faith that your surgeon wants you to be happy and will be able to guide you to the result you want. Losing faith and jumping ship to another surgeon now would not only not bring you closer to your goal, it may compromise your ability to ever get there, and would cost you a lot more money.

Follow all of your postoperative instructions carefully, and give it time for things to settle and heal. If the issue still bothers you after this time period, discuss it again with your surgeon in an open and respectful manner. 

Uneven breasts 1 month post augmentation

+2

At one month, there is still a moderate amount of swelling that can take a few more months to largely resolve. You have informed your plastic surgeon of your concern already. Give this a few more months then revisit this issue with him/her again. If you are dissatisfied at that time, you may want to consider obtaining a second opinion. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation.

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The asymmetry you are referring to is clear in your pictures. Keep in mind that asymmetry of the breasts  is very common at your stage of recovery. It may take anywhere from 6 months to a year to see the final results of the breast surgery at which point you should assess symmetry and the need for breast lifting.

I'm assuming you had confidence in your plastic surgeon when you chose him/her to do procedure;  I would suggest you remain confident in his/her abilities to address your questions and concerns during your recovery.

Asymmetrical Breasts Heal Independently of Each Other

+2

Any time a patient has asymmetrical breasts prior to surgery, they usually heal at different rates and need different degrees of time to fully heal and settle.  That being said, at the one month mark, most women feel that the breasts are pretty equal with regards to firmness, shape, etc.  If one breast is firmer or tighter than the other, than I would massage that breast 2-3 X a day for 5-10 minutes each time, as well as lay on your stomach for a minimum of 10-15 minutes every night.  That can help to settle the implants faster.  However, it really does take three months for everything to stop changing, so just be patient, massage, and after three months if there is still noticeable asymmetry, then address it with your surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast uneven 1 month after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I do see the asymmetry that you mention. The left nipple areola (the right side as you look at the photograph) is lower than the other nipple areola. If this nipple areola was lower before surgery it will be lower after breast augmentation and the difference they be magnified or look larger.

You need to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Differences in level of the implant and softness are very common at 4 weeks and usually become resolved over the next 3 months. However the nipple asymmetry most likely can only be corrected with a lift of the lower nipple areola.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts

+1

It is too early to judge. It will take 3-4 months for the final result to develop.

If you have pre-op pictures, look at them to see if the nipples were at different levels. If so they will remain that way after surgery, causing an uneven appearance. I think they look fine for this stage, but if you are not happy, then a lift can been done later to make them more symmetric.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon