Boobs Too Big! I Need Honest Answers, What Can I Expect?

I'm now 6 weeks post op, had a BA plus a breast lift, I had lots of tissues, my breasts weren't small, when I used bras they would be 32D but they were too fallen. I'm 5'1 105lbs, I told my doctor I didn't wanted big boobs. He used 320cc. Even at the last moment I told him that I wanted a C cup. Some doctors from here ask me to wait but I dont think the will get any smaller. I feel embarrassed. I'm measuring a 32DDD or a 34 DD. Please what can I do? I always told him not big boobs! Thanks!

Implants and breast size.

+1

If you started at a 32D and wanted to be a 32C, why did you go for implants? Breast implants will add volume to any breast. At times, we use them to improve the fullness in the upper pole (sometimes even with a breast reduction). During your consultations, you must have had a reason for an augmentation with a lift rather than a breast reduction. At 6 weeks, you are just finishing the early healing phase and there is likely to be continued resolution of swelling and and reduction in size. However, if you are truly unhappy, then removal of the implants may be the next step. Give yourself time to heal physically, and time to acclimate to the changes in your breast size/shape. If you are still unhappy at that time, it's time to see your plastic surgeon and discuss how you feel.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Different Methods

+1

Not all plastic surgeons believe that implants with a reduction makes any sense. Supposedly the implant is going to give a better aesthetic result. In my humble opinion, I believe many women end up with less than satisfactory results after this combination of procedures. Reduction - Augmentation - and Lift. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Needed a Reduction

+1

I know you do not want to wait but it would be advisable.  This will allow the swelling to resolve.  You can then evaluate your true size. I believe this a moot point.  If you wanted to be a "C " cup then a reduction would be in order. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

6 Week After Breast Lift Implant Surgery Result Is Too Big

+1

There is no precise science to picking the size of a breast implant, particularly when combined with a lift. Certainly even with your small frame a 320cc implant would not be considered large. While you may eventually decide that your current result is too big I would not judge that conclusively at just 6 weeks after surgery. Give it a full six months before deciding to make any changes.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Allow six months before deciding upon replacement of large implants the smaller ones.

+1

For medical reasons as well as psychologic reasons is best to put off volume changes after breast augmentation. You might come to prefer the larger size with time. Medically you should allow six months for thorough healing before revisional surgery.

Boobs too big

+1

At this point I would probably wait it out. But you need to have agood conversation with your surgeon about what to do if they remain larger than what you want. Downsizing may mean that you might have to do a little more tightening as well.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Too big after a breast lift with implants

+1

Open communication between with your plastic surgeon is vital.  Picking a breast implant size can be difficult.  It is important that your plastic surgeon knows what you are thinking.  The implant that was used is relatively moderate in size.  An implant of this volume would increase your breast by about 1.5 cup sizes.  If you combine this with the size you started with then you may have more volume than you expected.  Pre operative photos would be helpful in understanding your anatomy and result.  In many cases I use the patients existing breast tissue to reconstruct the breast.  This procedure is known as a vertical breast lift with a dermal pedicle autoaugmentation.  In your particular situation you may want to consider removing your implant and then revising your breast lift.   

Too big

+1

I strongly believe that an implant should have been used.  That is the only way to achieve upper pole fullness and a full cleavage which I'm sure you desired.  However, it sounds like for your height and description of your original breast volume  the implant used was too large and not enough of your own breast tissue was removed.  You are 6 weeks out and I do not anticipate your volume to decrease significantly.  If, indeed, you want to be smaller you would require going to smaller implants, as well as, further reduction of your natural breast tissue.

Good Luck

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants

+1

It might be best to remove your implants and let the lift settle, then decide if you need implants at all.  Discuss this with your surgeon - implants van probably be removed under local anesthesia.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Breast implants too big

+1

All a breast implant is designed to do is add volume to the breast.  If you were a sagging 32D and wanted to be a C cup then you needed to lose volume not add it!  Plus, if you were sagging then a breast lift was probably the better choice of operation for you.  It sounds like you need to have the implants removed and the breast lift performed at this point.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD