Boob Size Shrunk and Implants Rippled After Pregnancy?

Before I had my breasts enlarged I told the surgeon I was trying to get pregnant & asked if I should wait & he said no. I went from an A to a C in Nov. & had my baby in Aug. My boobs are now a B. I was back at my pp weight after 1 week. I went to my surgeon bc I am really unhappy about the size & He said they look & feel great & I should just buy a smaller bra! They did look & feel natural but I also pd for bigger & now I can feel the implants & ripples! Should I insist about them being redone?

Breast Implants and Changes after Pregnancy

+1

Predicting breast changes with pregnancy is difficult.  The most common things seen after pregnancy are deflation and ptosis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Pregnancy

+1

Breast will change with pregnancy with or without implants. It is impossible to say how or how much they will change

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast changes after pregnancy

+1

It's normal and expected to have breasts size and shape change after pregnancy. It looked like you got pregnant right after your surgery. I typically advise my patients to delay the breast augmentation surgery if they are actively planning to get pregnant so soon. Going forward really depends on your plan with regard to future pregnancy. Are you currently breastfeeding? If you are planning to have another child soon, then I would recommend that you wait. Otherwise you need to talk to your surgeon about revision, especially if you are experiencing rippling and wanting to go bigger. Seek 2nd or 3rd opinions if you are uncomfortable with the treatment plan.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Concerns about Breast Size and Rippling after Pregnancy?

+1

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice about your  situation, some generalized observations may be helpful to you. Generally speaking, I suggest patients wait on having any type of breast surgery if they are planning on having pregnancies in the near future. In your case, if you plan any further pregnancy ( at least in the near future)  you should hold off on revisionary breast surgery at this time.

The  breast changes that you have noted after your pregnancy  are quite commonly seen. Patients report losing volume of breast tissue and therefore may feel or see the breast implants more easily.  Some patients decide on revisionary breast surgery  after completion of pregnancies;  the type of surgery they benefit from will depend on their specific situation. For example, you may eventually opt to increase breast implant size and/or change to silicone breast implants ( if you currently have saline breast implants in place).

I would suggest that you communicate your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion with your plastic surgeon.