Bony Bumps Reappearing 2 Months After Rhinoplasty, Is This Permanent?

21 yr old male 2 months post op. Large hump and sides shaven down as well as an osteotomy, nothing to tip. Upon cast removal I was extremely pleased with results, very small bump left (much smaller than pre op) and smaller and smooth sides/width. The following days and up until now my nose has redeveloped noticeable and feelable hard bumps on the sides and bridge (hard like bone) looking exactly like it did pre op. Is this just swelling? Or do i need a revision? Becoming quite depressed over it.

Bony Bumps reappearing 2 moths after rhinoplasty.

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned especially with the reappearance of those bony bumps. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient and allow nature to take its course. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS