Scared to Do Rhinoplasty for Bump on Nose, Other Options?

Hi, I am a martial artist and got hit on the nose many times, but also had a road accident, thus making my nasal bridge to look bigger, and i think this might be a case of exostoses of the tissue/bone. Would it be possible that the nostrills got much bigger due to the bridge of the nose and the above mentioned accidents? Do you think that there is hope that the bony bump will go away by itself as the bone remodels itself? What do you think of TCM,Homeopathy and acupuncture, could that help?

Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose

+1

Frankly, based on your history, I do not believe that there is any medication or non-surgical therapy that will be of any help. 

Because you are a martial artist and were hit on the nose many times, plus your accident, the nose has unfortunately sustained too much trauma.

Nature's repair process has included some thickening of the bone. 

You will have to consider rhinoplasty;  there is unfortunately no reasonable substitute. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Trauma to the Nose

+1

It is hard to say based on what you've mentioned whether or not the bump will go away on its own.  It may not.  You should consider what about surgery scares you...anesthesia? surgery? etc.  I have had patients who are in similar situations.  There are ways to successfully address your bump without necessarily having surgery.  

Kimberly Lee, MD