My Tip is Still Hard and I Have Callus That Feels Like Bone on the Right Side of my Nose. Will This Subside? (photo)

I had a open rhinoplasty 10 months ago, correcting the bone ( osteotomy) and correcting the tip of my nose, a cartilage graft being placed in. It's been 10 months after the surgery and I have something like a bump on the right side of my nose. On touch it feels like bone. It didn't subside or got any smaller in these 10 months. The tip of my nose( the lower side, where the cartilage graft has been placed) feels inflexible. Are these observations normal at 10 months?

Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak and inverted V deformity.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak and inverted V deformity is what you will need. Discuss this with your surgeon and if not satisfied choose a very experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist. 

My Tip is Still Hard and I Have Callus That Feels Like Bone on the Right Side of my Nose. Will This Subside

+1

These two things are hard to evaluate without pictures or an exam.    At 10 months, the dorsum should look smooth and swelling should be gone.  The tip swelling tends to last the longest, and tip hardness can persist for a long time, particularly if a cartilage graft has been placed.  Let your surgeon examine you.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Should be fully recovered from a rhinoplasty by 10 months

+1

Very difficult to evaluate your problem with out a more accurate description and photographs.  You would expect that most swelling and post surgical changes would be gone and you would be close to full recovery by 10 months.  If these problems persist then it is time to visit your surgeon and ask these same questions.