It Feels As If There Is Bone Movement When I Turn My Head, Is The Bone Not Healing?

Hi I am 8 days post rhinoplasty. I have a lot of swelling which I am sure is normal. I had a shower today and tried to be very careful but since then I feel when I turn my head to the left and right there is a sensation of something moving.. I just took my cast off today and was worried that the bones were not healing well together. Thank you

Feel bone movement 8 days after Rhinoplasty.

+2

Yes, if you had the bones broken (osteotomies) during your Rhinoplasty, the bones are susceptible to moving.  You should not continue to feel that the bones are moving however and if it persists, you should call and get specific instructions form your Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com