Bone Growth After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Dear, I have done few times Rhinoplasty. I am now seeing some bones growing on the top of my nose. It feels hard and it look like it start to grow more. What can this be? will it grow more ? pls help me because i am worried.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Holland, It is likely that the swelling of the tissue over the bridge has begun to dissipate allowing this imperfection to start becoming more noticeable. You may have an open bridge or or boney spur that was not properly corrected and is now beginning to show as your nose is settling. The photograph enclosed is very difficult to view and a profile would be helpful as well. I would see your treating surgeon and discuss this issue as he/she will know what was done during the procedure. Upon examination a proper diagnosis may be made. You may just need a slight rasp of the dorsum however it is difficult to tell via internet. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Cartilage fragments after rhinoplasty can be difficult to correct.

+1

Hi.

I doubt that this is bone growth.  Could be irregular cartilage grafts covered with very thin skin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bone growth ? After rhinoplasty.

+1

This could be bone growth or a graft used during your rhinoplasty.  Your surgeon should know the answer or get a second opinion