Bone Fusion After Deviated Septum Correction 6 Months Ago?

Hello, 6 months ago, I had a surgery to correct a deviated septum. My doctor said that he needed to rasp a bony dorsal hump. However, it seems that he took off bone more than necessary and now my nose is a little bit saddled in the bony area, and just the bony area. I was wondering if one could fuse bone in that bony section of the nose. If so, would it last and become part of the nose? Everything else in my nose is fine. There was no cartilage removal or remodeling.

Revision rhinoplasty for dorsal augmentation

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for a saddle nose is best accomplished by harvesting  Septal cartilage and adding it to the bridge to rebuild up a natural profile. This will be a permanent augmentation to the bridge. Please see the link below for  patients who have subtle nose deformity that we have repaired in our practice.

Bone Fusion after Septoplasty

+1

Bone fusion is not the answer to correct your bony saddle. A revision with cartilage grafts the best choice to augment the bridge because the correction  will last the rest of your life.

Saddle nose deformity

+1

If you have a saddle nose deformity it is possible to place a graft to augment the dorsum to improve the appearance.