Bonded Tooth Hurts After Cleaning?

I had a cleaning done on Thursday. At the cleaning they told me that my bonded tooth (up front) needs to be capped, which is expensive. Now after the cleaning, that tooth is killing me. What did they do it? Did they do damage on purpose to get me to do the cap?

Bonding hurts?

+1

I am very sure they didn't not cause the problem from a cleaning perhaps you have gum disease perhaps its just time to replace the bonding remember material don't cause pain its the tooth or gums or both good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD   CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Bonded Tooth Hurts After Cleaning

+1

Do you know this dentist? Do you think he's a crook? I doubt it. You said you already knew the tooth needs a cap, so it already had some issues going on. Perhaps the "caked on" tartar that was removed exposed the tooth to the elements.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist