I Have Bulbous Tip, What Can Be Done?

can tip plasty refine my nose? i wanted it pointy

Options or bulbous nose tip

+1

While the nasal bridge and tip can be narrowed, it is very difficult to make the Asian nose look pointy. It should not be made pointy, as it would look unnatural and odd.  

Rhinoplasty for Bublous Tip

+1

Absolutely, a good rhinoplasty by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can refine a bulbous tip nicely. The limiting factor is skin thickness, the thicker the skin the harder it is to gets definition. 

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

I think that you would benifit from rhinoplasty addressing the bulbosity of your nasal tip.  This can easily be addressed with either an open or closed rhinoplasty.  This entails trimming the cartilages, and possible suturing the tip cartilages closer together in order to achieve a more refined nasal tip and an ideal aesthetic result.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Rhinoplasty For Rounded Bulbous Tip

+1

Looking at your photo you could likely benefit from refinement of the nasal tip. I would not shoot for a pointy nasal tip, however. I would aim to provide you with a more defined nasal tip that is less rounded and bulbous in appearance. To learn more about rhinoplasty for this type of nasal abnormality, I have provided you a reference link below. Good luck with your decision.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining the nasal tip

+1

There are many ways to approach your problem. Reducing the size of your lower lateral cartilages will help but, not be enough. Cutting these cartilages and resuturing them as in a Goldman tip could also be considered, A small onlay graft would project the tip and narrow it but, many of these fail. In the end tip narrowing depends a great deal on the thickness of the skin. I believe you can reduce the size of your tip but, never make it pointy

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Los Angeles Rhinoplasty

+1

You can expect your nasal tip to be narrower after rhinoplasty, but it probably will not be "pointy."  The narrowing of the tip can be achieved by suturing the tip and placing of a cartilage graft on the tip.  I suggest visiting a rhinoplasty surgeon who has digital imaging and asking him/her to demonstrate on the computer screen what level of tip narrowing you can expect.

Armen Vartany, MD

Bulbous nasal tip

+1

Rhinoplasty, aka nose job, can help refine the bulbous or amorphous nasal tip and provide an enhanced and more defined appearance.  It is difficult to assess your nose based on the one photo you provided.  Your background appears Asian and most Asian rhinoplasty or Asian nose jobs require increased projection of the nasal tip, refinement and narrowing of the nasal base.  

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon